Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Play Outside the Box


This is for every musician in the world: Every time there's a moment to play a song, I always like to go an extra step. To have a little more creativity on each song. I often find myself in a position in which I'm tired of hearing the same little solo, or the same riff. In order for me to keep my passion for music burning, I change the way I play a song, maybe add a little something more, or change up something just enough. This way, both the crowd and I have fun. My motto is play outside the box. The Box is that safe place in which all musicians are bound to get trapped on from time to time. Stuck with the same routine, the same solo, the same feeling...whatever it is that's holding you back from becoming a better musician. In brief, if you feel like you need to step it up, or maybe have been playing the same for a while now, then I recommend you to Play Outside the Box.

No comments: